Unofficial translation of Directive No. 1-1-1/6-OP of 11 January 2019
Commencement of Icebreaking Activities
On the basis of subsection 45 (5¹) of the Maritime Safety Act, and Regulation no. 265 of the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications of 23 December 2003 “Procedure for Icebreaking Activities”, and application no. 5-1/3 by the Port of Pärnu of 10 January 2019 pertaining to ice conditions in Pärnu Bay and the Gulf of Riga:
1) I establish 19 January 2019 as the date for the beginning of icebreaking activities in Pärnu Bay and the Gulf of Riga.
2) As of 19 January 2019, 00:00 hrs, all ships entering or leaving the Port of Pärnu and assisted by an icebreaker are required:
1. to have ice class 1C (Lloyd’s Register) or an equivalent ice class given by another classification society;
2. to have engine power no less than 1600 kW.
3) Barges towed by tugboats will not be given icebreaker assistance.
4) This Directive shall be published in Notices to Mariners, on the MA website, and transmitted via NAVTEX.